IMDG Code training is mandatory for all shore-side staff involved in the handling and transport of dangerous goods by sea. IMDG Code e-learning was developed by Exis Technologies to meet the training requirements for shore side staff in Chapter 1.3 of the IMDG Code. The training and assessment is 100% online and includes a course completion certificate. IMDG Code e-learning is a Certified Det Norske Veritas Learning Programme.
The list of IMDG Code e-learning Amendment 40-20 courses is below:
Dangerous Goods Transport General Awareness course (English and Spanish versions)
IMDG Code Standard course
IMDG Code Consignor/Freight Forwarder course
IMDG Code Packer/Cargo Handler course
IMDG Code Ship Loader course
IMDG Code Ship Operator course
IMDG Code Advanced course
IMDG Code Refresher course
The courses deliver cost-effective, high quality online training for shippers and forwarders, container packers and consolidators, shipping line operations and booking staff, stevedores, port staff, cargo surveyors and executives/managers.
- Compliance: meets the mandatory training requirements in the IMDG Code for all those involved in the transport of dangerous goods by sea.
- Cost-effective: typically a fraction of expensive classroom time and less disruptive than absence from work.
- Flexible learning: courses are taken at the student’s own pace or to a timetable set by management.
- Course management: administrator function to monitor and manage any number of students in local, regional or global training programs. Records are maintained in the administrator system and can be made available to employees and competent authorities.
- Certificate: tests at the end of each element ensure understanding of learning topics, with marks combined in a final course completion certificate. Verified certificate option available.
- Safety: produced by dangerous goods transport specialists.
- Efficiency: delivers consistent training standards across global operations, especially relevant to corporate quality assurance programmes.
IMDG Code training courses are accessed over the internet with a pc, laptop or tablet device (iPad, Android or Windows). Exis also offers SCORM content packages developed to the SCORM 1.2 standard for import into SCORM-compliant learning management systems.
IMDG Code e-learning is sponsored by the TT Club and supported by ICHCA.
ICHCA members qualify for a 15% discount – Email us for more details