Over many decades, ICHCA has played a significant role in ensuring that the voice of the cargo handling industry is represented in the development of new legislation and regulatory guidelines.
ICHCA’s privileged NGO status at IMO, ILO, ISO and other key UN agencies allows us to monitor, contribute to, and influence the development of regulations and guidelines that impact cargo handling and movement worldwide.
Our NGO campaign work has covered and continues to address a range of major regulatory items, such as:
- Legislation on verification of container weights
- Code of Practice on Packing of Cargo Transport Units
- Liquefaction of bulk cargoes and MARPOL Annex V
- Approved Continuous Examination Programme (ACEP) for containers
- Thorough examination of ships lifting appliances and SOLAS Amendment
- IMDG and IMSBC Code amendments
- GHG emissions on vessels (and in Ports)
- Maritime Single Window
- FAL Convention Manual
- Ship/Port Interface document compendium
- Mooring Safety Guidelines