Free Introduction to the CTU Code on-line course
ICHCA member NCB Hazcheck (Exis Technologies) has developed an Introduction to the CTU Code on-line course which aims to familiarise anyone new to or looking for a refresher on the principles of the Code of Practice (CTU Code) for packing of cargo transport units (CTUs).
It provides an overview of the Code’s development and objectives as well as direct links to the electronic version of the CTU Code.
It also highlights how you can swiftly navigate to key sections in accordance with your day-to-day role and responsibilities and how the Code helps to support training in packing and securing cargo into/onto CTUs.
The course comprises:
• an introduction to the Code of Practice and outline to the course learning objectives
• an outline of the key contributors to the CTU Code and background on its development
• an overview of the regulatory status of the Code of Practice and how it may be enforced
• details on the information provided in the CTU Code highlighting what is contained in each Chapter, supporting Annex and Informative Material
• details on how to access the online versions of the CTU code
• throughout the course there are links to the CTU Code, either in the text of the main pages or in the reference bar at the bottom of the page. Once the course is complete there is a course assessment to test your understanding of the course material and provision of a course completion certificate.
This course is endorsed by ICHCA and the TT Club as part of the Cargo Integrity Group; a partnership of global trade bodies collectively promoting high standards in the packing of cargo in freight containers and other transport units to avoid safety and environmental risks.
In striving for greater awareness and use of the CTU Code, to improve safety in the intermodal supply chain, the Cargo Integrity Group has published its Quick Guide to the Code, and its accompanying Container Packing Checklist. See https://ichca.com/cargo-integrity-group for access to these.
They are also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, Russian and Spanish here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.